What business to invest in: looking for options
There is no risk in business without risk, and it is the risk that represents the “reverse side of the coin”. Initially, it is very important to determine the profitability of the enterprise and determine how much supply and demand changes in the selected market segment. It will not be superfluous to consult professionals and study the relevant literature.
The risk may be associated, for example, with a sharp increase in the cost of goods initiated by the manufacturer, or the tax legislation may change and, as a result, the business will no longer generate income.
The most serious risk is not being able to properly manage and allocate available resources, which can lead to losses and ruin. And you can’t just talk about the business that you run. It is also worth considering the possibility of mismanagement of the company in which you invest. Thus, you will have to take a direct part in controlling your own financial investments.
When financing someone’s business, there is another major risk – the integrity of its owner. It should be noted that even friends and relatives can sometimes behave inappropriately in cases where it will concern business. Therefore, it is very important to think through and try to anticipate all possible risks.
To ensure your own safety before investing in someone else’s business, you must conduct a competent legal registration of the investment agreement. It is better to spend money on a competent lawyer today than to lose your investment in the future.
This agreement should include:
— For the purpose of investing money;
— The amount of invested funds;
— Procedures and terms for obtaining their interest and shares;
— Procedure for obtaining information about all movements of financial flows;
– Possibilities and reasons for termination of the agreement;
– Prospects for the return of the added amount (for example, in the case of irrational and inappropriate spending of money);
— The possibility and procedure for compensating your losses in the event of bankruptcy of the company.
If you are planning to invest in a new project, you need to pay closer attention to the details by which this project will be implemented. You will need to learn as much as possible about the future partner, their work experience, financial condition and unpaid debts.
When choosing a business for investment, you should be guided by the main criterion-the stability of demand for a particular product or service, regardless of the seasonality, or the possible occurrence of crisis situations, or other risks inherent in any business.
In other words, it is important to be sure that the business you choose to invest your own funds will be profitable even during a crisis. It is important not to forget that most consumers tend to deny themselves certain needs that are not basic to them. For this reason, most likely, you should not invest, for example, in the business of selling elite varieties of chocolate.
Below are some types of business related to the service sector that can practically guarantee sufficient profits:
1. Place of public catering: dining room; cafe; restaurant. Whatever the situation is in one way or another in the country and in the market, “I always want to eat.” It is this fact that makes this area of business quite profitable. However, do not artificially inflate the cost, since such things as high cost and crisis will not lead to anything good in the end;
2. Body shop, car wash. Most people in our country can not refuse to buy a new car at the expense of public transport, even when the crisis is raging around, and it needs to be taken care of. It is no secret that almost every second car has a car today. Accordingly the demand for this type of service will always remain;
3. Private medical clinic. Thousands of people turn to medical professionals for help every day. Unfortunately, it is not possible to just stop getting sick, and the high quality of such services is not enough today, especially in relation to municipal hospitals and clinics. Accordingly, private clinics are quite relevant today and the demand for quality services will remain high at any time. However, you should pay attention to the right price-quality ratio. Do not overestimate the cost of treatment, so as not to” fly ” out of the market at all;
4. A Barber shop and a beauty salon. In this case, everything is quite obvious. All people use the services of hairdressers, which means that such a business can also be considered as an option for investment.
If you have a desire to engage in any production and sale of goods, the most stable options will be food; medicines, as well as a clothing production line and its implementation through network structures (stores).
Having decided to invest in someone else’s business, it is important to think through a huge number of points, since in this case, you will not be in charge of financial flows. Although sometimes there are situations that you have to interfere with the management. To avoid loss of investment, an investment agreement must be drawn up.
However, before you start making such documentation, it is still important to thoroughly study the market of a particular product, as well as the company that you plan to entrust your money to.